Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Comfort Factors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
320 Views, 2 Replies

Thermal Comfort Factors

Hi everybody!

I want to simulate thermal comfort of human occupants inside a conditioned space. There are some thermal comfort factors in result quantities which i can't understand fully. There are Metabolic rate, Clothing & Humidity. But if i want to calculate thermal comfort of two occupants with different clothing and metabolic rate in the same conditioned space,how will i solve it?

I can CAD model two occupants and assign different total heat generation to them(metabolic rate), will it affect result as i can only assign one metabolic rate in the thermal comfort factor, Again how can i view thermal comfort of two occupant with different clothing in the same conditioned space?

Thanks! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried pressing the small blue '?' within that window? It will take you to the relevant help page 🙂

As these are global values, you would need to clone your scenario and run each with different Thermal Comfort values and then make a comparison between the two.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Yes i tried clicking help section in the software but there were no clear indication about this.

Thank you! That means i can't assign different clothing to different occupants in a same scenario,can i?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report