Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_support files?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JohnTomasik6493
596 Views, 3 Replies

_support files?

I ran a large thermal study (had to run overnight).  I viewed the results this morning, saved it, then saved the study as I exited the software, and now when I open up the .cfd file, there are no results.  I browsed through the folders that were created during the study, and none of the .cfd files contains the results information.

This brings up a question I was going to ask before.  What's with the _support files and folders that are created?  Also, I've seen other folders created (in other analysis) that even have a numeric extension added.

Is there a good area of the site that explains how the software saves its files and results?  Having all of these new folders and files created is a tad confusing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: JohnTomasik6493

Hi John,

Does this link help? Quick search on the Wiki 🙂

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-77E0CF8A-0B8D-4CA0-AC86-C115A62E18B1

Message 3 of 4
JohnTomasik6493
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Does the Sim software store any temp files under the program's installed directory while it's running an analysis?  If so, is there any way of telling the software to store those somewhere else?  Or, are all files, permanent or temp, stored under the analysis directory?

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: JohnTomasik6493

Hi John,

For the desktop version of CFD, they are all within the project folder. For Sim 360, they are elsewhere and this can be changed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report