Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary Inlet and Outlet count

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
samuel.arismendi
477 Views, 2 Replies

Summary Inlet and Outlet count

Hi!

I´m having trouble with a compressed air simulation. The short story goes like this: We got a tube through which we are blowing air at high speed to a couple of open cylinders. When I say open, I mean that all the walls have 0 Pa as boundary condition, even the cylindrical surface. The problem comes in the Summary file, where I expect to find results for every single wall and I am only getting one inlet (the tubes opening) and two outlets (one on each open cylinder). I suppose this has to do with all of the surfaces of each cylinder having a boundary condition but it still makes me wonder why doesn't it recognizes 3 outlets for each one. I´ll add a photo if it needs more visualization. Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Please do share an image - I would also suggest you may not wish to set a model up with P=0's on adjacent walls. Any recirculation over a Boundary Condition can skew the results. Ideally we need to ensure that all flow goes in one direction and this is often done best by having a P=0 at the end of a tube.

Message 3 of 3

Hi! 

I´m sorry, apparently I am not authorized to share an image. Thanks for the tip though. If I understood correctly, the best solution would be to work with a bigger surrounding air-part, so that the air, while having just one boundary with p= 0 Pa. This part has to be big enough so that the air has enough place to react like there are no walls and doesn't circulate through the boundaries. Also using the p=0 Pa in adjacent walls induces the software to think that there is just 1 outlet, without counting how many boundaries there really are.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report