Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver stuck in queued state, will not solve model

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sbeckersmrt
2676 Views, 5 Replies

Solver stuck in queued state, will not solve model

We have the simulation CFD 360, with the unlimited runs licence. When running the model the solver will not get past the queued state. I tired many things such as restarting the program and computer and no luck. Maybe its an external issue with the autodesk sever? Anyone had this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: sbeckersmrt

I solve this issue the following way, when I use our own cluster:

1) Stop the simulation in Solve dialogue box, close the SimCFD program and stop the CFD Server in my PC

2) Clean the HPCAnalyze folder in SimCFD installation directory of the cluster (Not the local PC since the Solver is on cluster)

3) Start the CFD server and start the SimCFD

4) Reopen the simulation and stop again, if I need to (Sometimes it is seen running even if it was stopped earlier and it didnt stop properly). Then start it again...

Not sure how you will find HPCAnalyze folder on 360 servers

OJ

Message 3 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: OmkarJ

Did the model finish the upload portion or is that still in queued?

Try rebooting your machine to see if it then kicks off the job.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Try out this workflow to see if this fixes your Sim360 software.

•           Close the Simulation Interface
•           Access the Simulation Job Manager in the computer tray by the clock and choose to “Sign Out”
•           Access the computer’s Task Manager’s “Processes” tab and right-click on “SimJobManager.exe” and choose to “End Process”
•           Delete this folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Simulation Job Manager
•           Delete this folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services
•           Access “START|ALL PROGRAMS|AUTODESK|SIMULATION JOB MANAGER 2013|Simulation Job Manager 2013”
•           Sign In to the Autodesk Simulation Job Manager
•           Open the Simulation software

Be aware that this will clear out old jobs so only do this when nothing is running and you don't expect to get results back from the cloud.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 6
sbeckersmrt
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanks for the info. Closing and signing out of the solver ended up being the fix a few weeks back when the problem did exist. Thanks for the help guys 

Message 6 of 6
jbalducc
in reply to: sbeckersmrt

I've got a similar problem to this. I'm using the trial Simulation CFD 360 and whenever I go to try and solve my model I get an error that reads: "Unable to connect to Simulation Job Manager (could not upload job files)" I've tried signing out and closing everything and signing back in, rebooting my machine, and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still does it. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report