Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver stops every 3 iterations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
corleyl
872 Views, 3 Replies

Solver stops every 3 iterations

I have Sim CFD 2014 version 14.0.

It was working fine and now it will only solve 3 iterations at a time.  It doesn't matter how many iteration I tell it to solve.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
corleyl
in reply to: corleyl

Let me add that it isn't crashing, it's just stopping and displaying the results - like normal. Only after 3 iterations.
Message 3 of 4
ilyas_drawbridge

It could be that the software calculated and found no change in the result for 3 iterations, then stoped it. Read through the analysis log in the message window for any warnings. Check your boundary conditions whether it is adequate or not. If you have flow boundary conditions, make sure there are no solid objects obstructing the inlet and outlet.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 4 of 4
OmkarJ

Try turning Automatic Covnergence Assessment off. You can find it in Solve >> Solution Control >> Advanced. I often find that it stops the iterations prematurely, even though they haven't flattened to my liking. So I typically turn it off and do my own assessment of their flatness, and hence covnergence.

OJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report