Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver has exited unexpectedly

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
office
708 Views, 9 Replies

Solver has exited unexpectedly

We have problems with CFD 2013. Can not be used at all for rotating regions because as it simulation suppose to begging solver shuts down every time. Under the exactly the same settings works in CFD 2014 beta although exits some time in 2014 as well but after restarting solver 1 or two times max it works without any problems in adv 5. In adv 2 blow up after some time. So it would be very appreciated is some patch could be created for CFD 2013 so that rotating regions can be used. Otherwise software is only partially usable. CFD 2012 works with same settings in adv 2. Still didn't blow up, will see later. Solution for 2013 wanted promptly. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
inventorlover
in reply to: office

I'm having the same problem.  Is it a timestep or mesh issue?

Message 3 of 10
office

No I do not think that is it about mesh because under same settings works without problems in CFD 2012. The problem by my opinion is in software its self, incompatibility with Windows 8 (even thou is running in W7 compatibility mode) or most likely having something with that problematic licensing flexera software. The reason why I think that is something about licensing is because I had tested CFD 2014 beta and had same problem but if you restart solver one or two times it works, but after I enter in last two weeks of testing period when on screen poops up warning window which warn you how much days more you have to test program and on which you need to click every time run button to run software that additional few days the problems with solvers had stopped. So maybe is something connected with that problematic flexera licensing approach and as you now CFD 2013 only works in network licensing mode. 

Message 4 of 10
office

Exactly that is way a looking from Autodesk some CFD 2013 patch to make it works on W8. CFD 2012 works without any problems on W8, if 2012 works why then 2013 want work? Hopefully someone from Autodesk will read this and come up with as solution as soon as possible. 

Message 5 of 10
inventorlover

Yes, this is a big problem...  Going to try and install Win 7

Message 6 of 10
office

Yes identical. If works in 2012 and with some occasional problems in 2014 should works in 2013 as well but that is not the case. For testing purposes I had used also extremely simple one rotor design (only rotor with rotating region and fluid domain) and won't work either.

Message 7 of 10
inventorlover

I installed Win 7 and it worked fine up until now.  It is like after I run so many simulations it gives me that error everytime after.  Strange.  

Message 8 of 10
inventorlover

Check your hardware, especially your ram.  

Message 9 of 10
office

I doubt, as I said 2012 works with same hardware and RAM on  W8 as well without any problems. Also some other simulation in CFD 2013 which require same amount of RAM works but rotating regions won't work. 

Message 10 of 10
inventorlover

Interesting.  I changed my hardware and now it works flawlessly without that error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report