Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver exits unexpectedly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1396 Views, 6 Replies

Solver exits unexpectedly

I'm performing an analysis on a simple liquid cooled cold plate and until recently I have had no issues with the solver and have gotten good results. I have now moved to a new faster workstation and upon running any of my old models the solver exits unexpectedly without any warning (no crash, the "go" button simply changes to "stop"). I looked into the log file and found the following messages :

[16:26:37] Solver for <filename> exited at Fri Jan 25 16:26:36 2013 on <mycomputer> with status = 0 and code = 255
[16:26:37] Unable to inject glr
[16:26:37] Unable to inject gls
[16:26:37] Unable to inject glv

I am still using an old version of CFDesign so hopefully one of the old CFDesign support guys like Royce can help me.

Thanks,

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks for nothing. I managed to finally solve the problem on my own.   Smiley Frustrated

If anyone ever comes across the same issue where an older version of the solver will not run on a newer Xeon workstation with more than 8 cores, here is the solution. Simply go into your bios and reduce the number of CPU cores down to a total of 8 (in my case since my workstations all have 2 CPUs, I set the maximum to 4 cores per CPU). I tried this fix on a number of 12 and 16 core Xeon E5 workstations and it solved the problem in every case.

David

Message 3 of 7
AnnWinter3287
in reply to: Anonymous

Just had the same problem, but on the 360 cloud server:

[16:15:47] Unable to inject glr
[16:15:47] Unable to inject gls
[16:15:47] Unable to inject glv

What could cause this??

Message 4 of 7
yebyps
in reply to: AnnWinter3287

Solver exits.jpg

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Message 5 of 7
Vonkarman
in reply to: yebyps

Hi @yebyps

Never seen this issue while meshing, but I bet the CAD file is not clean enough. Use Model Assessment Tool to track potential issues, interferences and tiny gaps.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-13936C3E-D5D7-48E3-872B-987BA04ED692

Message 6 of 7
yebyps
in reply to: Vonkarman

That's an interesting possibility.  Do you know if the model assessment tool is accessible from CFD 2017?  In this particular case I would be surprised as the model is closely derived from the Tutorial model with very simple geometry. 

Message 7 of 7
Vonkarman
in reply to: yebyps

Well, I am not sure about cfd2017 and Model Assessment Tool. Information about the release at that time should be written on the User's Guide. 

If you are using a slightly derived geometry from a tutorial, then it's even more interesting. Can you share a .cfz file? 

If not, and you 100% the geometry is clean, I'd suggest two things:

1- You can open the broken .cfdst model you have. Update it with the original cad geometry file from the tutorial and see if you can mesh it. 

2- if not, try to mesh a simple cube. (if this works, then you know for sure the problem comes from the geometry)

Last idea would be to uninstall and reinstall?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report