Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver Exited Unexpectedly - Processing Input

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
builtecology
339 Views, 3 Replies

Solver Exited Unexpectedly - Processing Input

I'm having trouble simulating the attached model, i recieve the generic error "Solver Exited Unexpectedly" just after "Processing Input" is displayed in the message window. I'm looking through this page to get some insight as to the problem, the following summarises my efforts so solve this problem

Memory Problems - This is a large mode, about 6 million cells, but i have successfully solved large models on this machine (10GB RAM). During volume meshing memory usage is at 95%, but when the error occurs it is only at 50%.

Poorly Posed Setup Parameters  - i've checked all materials and boundary conditions to make sure they're physically sensible, i think maybe this is a meshing issue so i'm attempting to refine the mesh parameters, so far with no luck

File I/O Errors - The files are located on the C drive, there is plenty of free space for the output files and all files have full access(read/write/modify) for all users

Incompatible Scalar Diffusion Coefficient value - i'm not using scalar diffusion coefficients

Is there anything else i should be looking into?

Note: i attempted to attached a share file with the setup parameters, but recieved an error from the forum "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type". I guess it's not my night. I can upload the file to a dropbox if needed.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: builtecology

Hi, 

Please do share the CFZ file with us and then we can hopefully help.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 4
builtecology
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Just tried to upload the cfz file again, the eroor i had before seems to have gone away but now the system reports that the file size is too large. How else can I upload the file?

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: builtecology

Can you use Autodesk 360 or Dropbox?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report