Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks2012sp1 integration

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ewonhof
682 Views, 3 Replies

Solidworks2012sp1 integration

Currently running CFD2012 x64, 2012.0.0 F, Build 20110628  which integrates with Solidworks2011.

I don't see any more current updates. When will there be an update for the integration to Solidworks2012 sp1?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: ewonhof

I am not sure of the actual date that this will be fully supported with CFD, but as we have expressed in the past we still have intention to support these products in the future.

Even though the software technically doesn't support Solidworks 2012, I have seen it working on some (not all) systems using the following procedure.

1) Launch cmd window with admin rights

run as admin.png

2) Change the directory to the solidworks launcher folder and execute this command:

command.png

3) Having SW2011sp5 installed and integrated with SimCFD 2012, then adding a seperate install of SW2012sp1 (rather than upgrading).  This may transfer over the inegration of SimCFD 2012 into SW2012sp1.

4) Let us know in this forum if it works or doesn't!

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 4
ewonhof
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanks Royce. I worked with Apolo over the last couple days on a help ticket for this. He advised similar, and it worked on one station but not the other.

I was just able to get the integration active on station 2 by having SW2011sp5 installed and integrated, then adding a seperate install of SW2012sp1 (rather than upgrading). I did not have to register the SW launcher; the integration was immediately available as an add-on. I need to test full functionality, but it appears correct. I will leave it in its current state with both SW. Prior to this I had removed SW2011 then installed SW2012 fresh; this was unsuccessful on station 2.

On a side note for station 1 that only had SW2012 with the launcher registered as you describe, the SimCFD2012 buttons on the SW "command manager" were absent while the SimCFD toolbar had the 3 commands and functioned correctly. Station 2 with both SW2011&2012, the "command manager" buttons display correctly.

Message 4 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: ewonhof

Thank you for the feedback!  Glad to know you were able to get it working on the other computer, good troubleshooting.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report