Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Heating Time Stop Not Stopping at Specified Time

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
c3110765
449 Views, 1 Reply

Solar Heating Time Stop Not Stopping at Specified Time

Hi,

Im Currently developing a solar heating analysis of a 6m x 6m square residential home, with modified geometry. im running a transient analysis, with Transient boundary conditions and the inputted initial conditions.

I need the analysis to run for 5 days (the data set in the boundary conditions is for 7 days), by which point the model should be experiencing real life heating. I then need the model to stop at the 5 day mark (432000 seconds), and running at a time step of 3600 secs (1 hour), at which point I will then change the time stop to 3600 secs or 1 time step, to analyse the heat on the building each hour.

At the moment, It stops at a seemingly random time, before the allotted time. Please see my file .ctz at the dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmvepjl14coj0h1/Cavity%20Brick.cfz

Please help. I need this solved as a matter of urgency, as this is a component of a research study that only has two weeks remaining.

Cheers,

Ron

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Royce_adsk
in reply to: c3110765

The quick answer to your question is that you should set your 'Time Steps to Run' as -1.  This way the simulation will run until you have reached the desired 'Stop Time' of 432000 seconds.

Best regards,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums