Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke Simulation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
engr_jake1925
537 Views, 6 Replies

Smoke Simulation

Hi Everyone,

Is there anybody who do a smoke simulation here? Can you share it? What are the parameters or how did you do it?

I'm new in Simulation CFD and know just some of the basics. I want to do a smoke simulation for atrium or carpark maybe.

Hope someone of you can help me/teach me in this.

Thank you very much.

John

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Royce_adsk
in reply to: engr_jake1925

Hi John,

I would suggest that you look at the Smoke Visibility guidelines as a place to start.

Do you have any CFD experience to build onto to start doing smoke studies or just new to Autodesk Simulation CFD?

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 7

Hi royce,

Thanks for the reply. I already looked into that guidelines and it quite helpful, but i haven't tried in actual project that's why i'm hoping someone here already tried a real smoke simulation.

Btw, i took a 3 days training for simulation cfd and i already did some actual projects like staircase pressurization and warehouse airconditioning but they are all basics simulation only that's why i considered myself as a beginner in sim cfd.

Message 4 of 7
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi
There was a smoke webinar that you guys did once.
maybe you can post the link here.
Dan
Message 5 of 7

I have some pictures that help me with the setup:

Dan

Message 6 of 7

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for the info, i will try this and hope i can get a good result.

btw, i noticed that you took the picture from a video, is it possible for you to share that video? if that's okay with you.

Thanks a lot.

Message 7 of 7

Hi
I don't have this video. i saw it once before Autodesk bought Cf Design.
I took some pictures because I knew this is important.
The guys from Autodesk may have it.
Post your smoke results here, and will try to help.
Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report