Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulations keep getting stuck in queued state

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Florian.Wolfenstetter
617 Views, 3 Replies

Simulations keep getting stuck in queued state

Hello,

I have a problem with my Simulation Job Manager. My simulations keep getting stuck in the queued state and the calculation won't start. The simulation settings are fine and I have tried other simulations, that have worked previously, but they all keep stuck in the queue altough there are no other active tasks in the Job Manager. I've tried several ways to solve this problem from the discussion forum but it didn't help.

-I tried to sign out from the Job Manager, ended the process in the Task Manager and deleted the files in the user Folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk and started everything again without sucess.

- I tried running the SimCFDConfig.exe for Sim CFD and the JobManager.

-After deleting all data connected to any Autodesk product from my computer and reinstalling Simulation CFD I was able to solve one single simulation but the next simulation got stuck again.

I can provide the DSSP.log support and server support files from the JobManager.
When working on a different computer with my license, I have no problems solving the same simulations. I hope for quick help to be able to work on my computer again.

Thanks,

Flo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Flo

This sounds like an unusual issue.

Given that it is workig on one of your machines but not another, I wonder if there is a difference in the permissions or firewall settings between the two machines. It may be helpful to add "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Job Manager\SimJobManager.exe" as an exception.

If that doesn't help I think the best course of action would be to log a case in subscription center so you can get more in depth help from our support folks.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 4

Florian,

Since you just reinstalled can you try the following:

1. Exit CFD and Simulation Job Manager (Right click icon on system tray and click Exit)
  2. Launch CFD 360 2015 and sign into Autodesk 360
  3. On the Community Ribbon Toolbar, click Customer Involvement > Select Yes or No
  4. Open Simulation Job Manager > Click Preferences > Click Ok
  5. In CFD, submit back to back jobs.

If you are still seeing an issue, please contact tech support with your %TEMP%/DSSP.log and support share file.

Scott Werner
SQA Engineer
Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much for your replys.

I have tried both solutions you have given me. Unfortunately I am still having the same issue.

I have now created a support case with the DSSP.log files as you recommended.

Thanks for the help,

Flo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report