Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of a mixture of water and chlorine in a contact area

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
351 Views, 4 Replies

Simulation of a mixture of water and chlorine in a contact area

Helo ,
In the context of water treatment , I have a simulation exercise to perform, which is as follows:
I have to simulate a mixture of water and chlorine in order to monitor the mixture to know the concentration of chlorine in the water knowing that the water enters the mixing zone through the rectangular entrance on side 1 with a specific flow. It also has the chlorine gas by a liquid duct which enters through conduit 10 diameter . When the output level is achieved on the face 2 , the fluid can now flow outwards , the goal is to determine the amount of chlorine and water to achieve the level of discharge .
I have to work on the simulation software CFd and I have trouble with the boundary conditions
simulation should look like this :

I need help on the boundary conditions and the simulation procedure .

Along the file Cao the contact area of the two fluids

thank you mix

Normaly , It will fill like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2QBjFS5VM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ralph,
I am also interested in getting a simulation of the chlorine reaction in a mixing tank. You got it with the Autodesk CFD tool.

Thank you so much

Message 3 of 5
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

Is this a problem you are currently struggling with?

Here to help if needed, how far have you got?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Good afternoon,

Thank you John for your interest. As a complement to my tesis job I am looking for a CFD software that allows to simulate the chlorine reaction in contact tanks. My question is the following, if Autodesk CFD is the software that would allow me to do a mix of two fluids (chlorine and water) and how to model the decay reaction along the tank. Typically it would be the ADR equation. 

Thank you for you answer,

Javier Gámiz. 

Message 5 of 5
Jon.Wilde

I am not sure.

We can model two fluids mixing with the scalar mixing, check it out here.

What we cannot do is anything that involves a chemical reaction, which I suspect you do need here, right?

Does that help to answer your question?

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report