Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation CFD performance on MAC OSX via Parallels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Royce_adsk
1957 Views, 1 Reply

Simulation CFD performance on MAC OSX via Parallels

I am only aware of a few users that use CFD on the MAC OS and most of them use the Apple Bootcamp.

For the few users that try to use Parallels, I would suggest that you adjust this setting to improve performance.

Turns out when you enter the virtual machine (parallels) the MAC default behavior is to go into an energy saving mode and more importantly, it "switches" graphics behavior. 

This means that you need to go into 'Energy Saver' window and make sure that 'Automatic Graphics Switching' is turned off.

Here is the link that you can use to read the solution http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v5/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/22986.htm

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
decroquet
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hello,

I am the working with the Macbook pro Yosemite OS and the Autocad 2014 Student version run perfectly, but I am trying to install Simulation CFD for MAC OSX and looks like it is not available. 

Just in case, is the Simulation CFD available for Mac? Is there any way to install it in Mac?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report