Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation CFD for Natural Ventilation Analysis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
juliasuzannethompson
393 Views, 6 Replies

Simulation CFD for Natural Ventilation Analysis

Hi,

I am investigating natural ventilation of auditoria buildings. 

Autodesk's simulation CFD has been suggested to me as a potential tool to assess how the system would operate under extreme conditions. The use of this tool for buoyancy driven ventilation analysis, and the visual outputs of this programme as shown in the link below appear ideal for my project.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/simulation-cfd/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/ENU...

I am seeking advice regarding the best place to look or person to ask for more help with the capabilities and settings for Simulation CFD.

Has this programme been used for analysis of large scale theatres before, and if so, am I able to get access to such case studies and read their methodologies? I am very interested in learning this software, but want to make sure I will be able to produce useful results for my project.

Thanks, 
Julia

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Julia,

It has and I am sure we can find you a suitable point of contact. Where are you based?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 7

Hi Jon,

That'd be great, thanks! I'm based at Victoria University in Wellington,
New Zealand. The research is part of my Master of Building Science Thesis.

Kind regards,
Julia
Message 4 of 7

Hi Julia,

I have forwarded your request over to a colleage there, he should be in touch.

I work in support and have certainly worked on some pretty large models, from clean rooms to theatres to stadiums! 🙂

Thanls,

Jon

Message 5 of 7

Hi Jon,

That's excellent, thanks for your help. I look forward to their response.
Julia
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jon,

I have not heard from you collegue yet sorry. Have you had any luck getting in touch with them and passing on my details, or am I able to have their email please?

Many thanks,

Julia

Message 7 of 7

Hi Julia,

It looks as though you have already spoken to guys who I planned to refer you to. I work in support and can assure you that we can run these types of models.

If you wish to share model specifics then we can be more specific too.

I don't see an issue though, provided you have sufficient hardware. There is some good online training material which is where I suggest you start.

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report