Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk CFD Enhancement Request?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Royce_adsk
2770 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk CFD Enhancement Request?

Did you ever want to make an enhancement request and see what other users are requesting? Now you can!

Visit the idea station to share and vote on ideas that you like!

Your ideas help our Product Manager @heath.houghton learn what you need.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
napoleonm
in reply to: Royce_adsk

even if we can get dimentions at the CAD level, it would be nice to have an tool to get measurement inside CFD,, example: check nodes distances, planes etc..

Message 3 of 8
ryan.arnaudin
in reply to: napoleonm

napoleonm -- I'd encourage you to add kudos and comments to the request on IdeaStation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Simulation-CFD-IdeaStation/measure/idi-p/5056264

The workaround in the meantime is to use an XY plot or export to the CFD VTFX Viewer.

Message 4 of 8
napoleonm
in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

ANOTHER Enhancement:

During the time of CFDesign ( since V10 I believe) I was asking to add a feature to perform basics calculations from a summary instance ( a plane as example) value, as illustration: inside the decision centre  a way to calculate and shows “Cv” values in valves or “k” resistance coefficients en fittings as a result of a summary plane value.

That can be achieve, a guest using script, but it would be nice to see that in the software environment directly.

This will add more value to the decision centre in CFD simulation.

Message 5 of 8
Jon.Wilde

Hi Napoleon,

To make these visible to our development team and also allow other users of the community to vote on ideas, it really is best to post in the Idea Station as Royce shared above. This way they are all seen by the team and it is far better when our users make requests than us support guys 🙂

Thanks!

Jon

Message 6 of 8
heath.houghton

Napoleon,

Have you tried the app exchange store? There is an add-in up there that is purpose built for calculating Cv values. When we went to python as an API, the intent was to allow users the ability to easily code in advanced or custom functionality in setup or extraction of results. This app may be what you are looking for, although it does not place the Cv value in the decision center.
Heath Houghton
Principal Business Consultant
Message 7 of 8
napoleonm
in reply to: heath.houghton

I saw it, but is my understanding it is only applicable for Cv calculation, in my case I am looking for resistance coefficients in pipe fittings such filters and strainers -we can not build app for so specific cases !-, Perhaps my idea was to be able in a direct way -in build inside the software- a dialog box will allow you to extract a (or a series of) summary value(s) and use them to solve an equation written by the user (such Darcy equation), and show the value in the “Reference” display or in a new “calculated value” inside the Decision Center.

Message 8 of 8
rajcoep.88
in reply to: heath.houghton

I once installed it on my laptop. After that Windows Explorer stop responding even I did not use it just installed it. Laptop became too slow. I was not able to understand what was happening. Then, I used Windows Restore Point and went back to the point before that ADD IN installation. Laptop was back to work without any problems.

Windows 10 EDU 64 Bit, CFD 2015

Regards,
Rajdeep

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report