Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation CFD corrupting AutoCAD and Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jilomes
849 Views, 5 Replies

Simulation CFD corrupting AutoCAD and Inventor

After installing the student's version of AutoCAD and Inventor, they both work correctly. But each time I attempt to add Simulation CFD to the mix, the installation hangs towards the final segment, my PC freezes and I have to power off. By the time I restart, both AutoCAD and Inventor would no longer work, but would display a licence error. 

I have tried this using both the 2013 and 2014 versions of the softwares. Each time this happens, I have to do a system restore and uninstall every Autodesk software on my PC, delete the folders and start all over again. 

What could be the problem?

I use a 64bit Windows 8 Pro laptop with 4gb of RAM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: jilomes

Hello,
Please look at the system requirement for CFD:
For 32-Bit and 64-Bit Autodesk Simulation CFD 2014

Windows® 8 Enterprise x64; Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise edition (SP0 or SP1 for 32 bit and 64 bit) or Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (32-bit: SP3, .net 4.0; 64-bit: SP2; .net 4.0 SP1)1

Maybe that's your problem
Dan
Message 3 of 6
jilomes

You think it could be system requirements?
I was able to run CFD on a colleague's 64bit Windows 8 Pro Laptop. The laptop did not have any Autodesk software installed on it.
The problem seems to occur when I try to install CFD on a PC already having Inventor and AutoCAD on it.
I'm assuming that the installer would have warned me if my PC didn't meet the requirements.
I really need to be able to run all three softwares on the same PC
Message 4 of 6
OmkarJ

When the installation fails, what does it say in the log file? There has been cases where the installation had failed because of the conflict with one of the pre-requisites like Visual C++ redistributable etc. You may refer this post if this helps: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Also, after installation if you receive an error message that says "Cannot initialize license manager: ADLM: Startup Failed", you can also refer a work around for this known issue here :http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/cannot-initialize-license-manager-adlm-startup-fa...

Message 5 of 6
jilomes

The problem is that it doesn't even give an error message. My PC just freezes. I have to hold down the power key to shut down the PC.
I don't know if an error log is generated
Message 6 of 6
OmkarJ

Be aware that Windows 8.1 is not supported with SimCFD 2014, as Dan pointed out but Windows 8 is supported. Sometimes it helps to uninstall the VC++ redistributable before installing the SimCFD. THis way you remove one possible conflict during the installation...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report