Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation CFD and Multiphysics fluid flow analysis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ashwikgreddy
2594 Views, 3 Replies

Simulation CFD and Multiphysics fluid flow analysis

Please help me understand the difference between Simulation CFD and the steady/unsteady fluid flow which comes with Multiphysics. Please provide an example which CFD can do and multiphysics can do....very urgent..we are confused which one to opt for..Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello.. I can understand the confusion. Both have some overlapping functionality in that they both solve fluid flow and heat transfer problems. The CFD in MP has historically been provided as a compliment to the structural capability within the former Algor products.

Simulation CFD (former CFdesign product) is a dedicated CFD product that has some superior technology with regards to automation, meshing and solving.

The one thing that the CFD in MP has that Simulation CFD doesn't is the ability to do 1-way mapping of presses and temperatures to a structural model.

Over time, I think the picture will become clearer, but for now there are some overlapping capabilities.

If you can give me an idea of the types of problems you are trying to solve, I can provide some guidance on what package(s) would be best.
Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 3 of 4

I have a shaft and a cooling roll drum with two shells( i mean two concentric cylinder drums one with x radius and other with X+1 radius....the water with certain velocity and pressure is been passed from a hole inside the shaft on one end...it is then passed into a pipe which is connected into the gap between the two concentric drums...after this this exits at the other end through pipe and shaft hole at other end....during all these the cylinder rotates....and also a heated sheet is been passed tangentially onto the upper cylindrical drum ...the idea is to calculate the exact fluid path, velocities and also the amount of heat transfer(temperatures) from water to the sheet outside...we will modify the drum assembly to suit the best and maximum heat trasnfer.....so we need fluid flow paths...heat trasnsfer along with dynamic rotation( also linear motions in some cases) of drum.....in attached file u can see only one drum and shaft....assume u have one more drum with less radius and alsodrums are closed at both ends and pipes connected in between...so like water splashing....also to see how it is splashing....exact fluid path....please tell me which software gives more accurate and why not other cant....

Message 4 of 4
ashwikgreddy
in reply to: ashwikgreddy

my attachment was big...so cud not...but i hope u have an idea now...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report