Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation cfd 2013 result problem

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
mili5500
898 Views, 23 Replies

simulation cfd 2013 result problem

i read every toturials about thermal comfort

i model a room with an occupant,i tried to inter a 0.1 m/s velocity to the room with boundry condition on window

the first few times i get the result but now it show temperature without change inside of the room and the plane result doesnt work anymore,i tried to reinstall it but nothing happend,i really need help bcuz i need those result for my thesis

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
mili5500
in reply to: mili5500

this is second picture with boundry condition infos

Message 3 of 24
OmkarJ

Try this, right click anywhere and selct "Show all". Then go create your plane. Then go to View >> Visual style and select as outline. You should have your results.

Message 4 of 24
mili5500
in reply to: OmkarJ

tanx OmkarJ 

it did worked but what about the temperature result in iteration

sometimes it worked and sometimes not

Message 5 of 24
OmkarJ

I do not understand your question. Can you post your iteration graphs and then elaborate the question? 

Message 6 of 24
mili5500

this is my iteration bar and my model

in this model the temperature doesnt come inside the model through that window,but it should be doing that and in some solve iterations it did that , but i really dont know why its not working most of the times

Message 7 of 24
OmkarJ

Try this, on the buttons you see towards the right side of your graphs, click on the button that says "All" and choose temperature. Do you see anything?

Message 8 of 24
mili5500

i see that but why its leaner all the time?

Message 9 of 24
mili5500

i mean linear

Message 10 of 24
OmkarJ

Again, you didn't post the image so I can't know your definition of linear 🙂

The reason for its flatness may be that that there is hardly any change in it over the iterations, meaning, probably the initial guess was too good for the temperature hence it didn't need significant changes during iterations and there aren't large temperature differences in the room so the average temperature didn't change drastically over the region. Also, you may want run for more iterations until your pressure, velocity and turbulence numerics also gets flatter.

Message 11 of 24
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

I thought I would add what I can here:

1. You appear to have an undefined material - the internal volume - this should be air-variable
  2. Could you share the heat loads you have assigned within Boundary Conditions?
  3. If you shade by mesh, what does the model look like? I guess it might be rather coarse

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 12 of 24
OmkarJ
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Touche Jon, didn't spot the unassigned part in the tree 🙂

Message 13 of 24
Jon.Wilde

No worries Omkar, thanks for your input so far here. This forum is getting rather good thanks to you guys 🙂

I expect that the temp will be totally horizontal, which means nothing is happening. So there are either no heat gains/losses or we are not solving for heat transfer... 

Message 14 of 24
mili5500

tanx for reply 

i have one last question

i did everything with 750 iteration on my model but as u can see in my model the air in the model unchanged 

the image show the boundry conditions and the model and the indoor air material set to variable

Message 15 of 24
mili5500

the unassigned material was for another iteration,the result was saved to show

Message 16 of 24
Jon.Wilde

Please also check your units, this is in metres so the model is 4km in height.. You will need to change this through opening the _support.cfz as you cannot change it once you have run the model. Just a right click on 'geometry' will allow you to switch to mm, which I am guessing is what you need to be running in.

Message 17 of 24
mili5500

wildej

i did more than 3000 iterations in 2 days,2-3 times the temperature comes inside and the PMV value changed but the other times it wasnt changed the indoor air

Message 18 of 24
mili5500

wildej

should i check or uncheck the setting in unit dialogue?

Message 19 of 24
Jon.Wilde

If you pick wrongly you can simply change it back. I would have thought you want to uncheck it though, then this will be 4000mm tall, you need to resize it right?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 20 of 24
mili5500

this is my mesh settings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report