Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim CFD 2012, Fusion, and Win8.1

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mark
387 Views, 6 Replies

Sim CFD 2012, Fusion, and Win8.1

Good day,

I have been using Fusion to launch models into Sim CFD 2012. I recently upgraded to Win8.1, and Fusion now seems to be broken (compatibiity issues, according to Windows).

What options do I have? I have installed Fusion 360, but there doesnt seem to have been any integration with Sim CFD.

Thanks

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hartogj
in reply to: mark

Hi

Correct - Inventor Fusion 2013 R1 is not supported on Windows 8.1. 

At the moment there are two alternatives for you to consider:

1) Fusion 360 is a possibility but, as you mention, there is no direct workflow with Simulation CFD. 

2) We are preparing a simulation-specific tool that will connect with Autodesk's Simulation Mechanical, CFD, and Moldflow products. Known as SimStudio, the geometry modeling tools are available as a beta today and will be available with the commercial products in the future. Current customers can sign up for the beta here - we'd love to get your feedback on it:

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=700D8DF29CC2483CAC0AE931C52ADBA9 

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 7
mark
in reply to: hartogj

Thank you Jon.

1. I have applied for the SimStudio beta. I look forward to trying that.

2. Re Fusion 360, your reply implies that it can actually be used: is that by exporting the model and then manually opening with CFD Sim? Or another way?

3. I know its a long shot, but I have seen some forum posts claiming that Fusion 2012 runs on Win8.1?

Mark
Message 4 of 7
hartogj

The workflow will still be an exported neutral file (ACIS/SAT, STEP, etc) from Fusion 360. There have been some recent changes to the Fusion 360 export workflow that make this a bit smoother than before, but it is still a manual export process.

I am not sure about Inventor Fusion 2012 on Windows 8.1. One thing that is certain is that it was created well before Windows 8.1 existed. If it works that's great but it is not something that was tested or supported.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 5 of 7
mark
in reply to: hartogj

Hello again Jon,

Before I install the SimStudio beta, will it work with sim CFD 2012?

Thanks

Mark

Message 6 of 7
mark

Hello again Jon,

Before I install the SimStudio beta, will it work with sim CFD 2012?

Thanks

Mark

Message 7 of 7
hartogj

Thanks for posting this q again Mark

For using SimStudio with older versions of Sim CFD (such as version 2012) the workflow is to save out a neutral file like an SAT and then read it in.

New versions will have a direct connection.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report