Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving transient animation issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
justin_s
754 Views, 4 Replies

Saving transient animation issue

I'm having an issue when trying to save a transient animation to either MPEG or AVI.  Seems that it's only animating the tracers of a single time step, instead of multiple time steps.  It doesn't seem to matter what value of FPS I set in the flags, either.

I'm running Sim CFD 2014 v14.0 build 20130301.  Thanks for any help!

Justin S.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: justin_s

Traces are not design to work through transient animations if I understand what your goals are correctly.

What do you get now with your animation and what you are looking for?

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 5
justin_s
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Royce,

Thanks for looking in on this.  Right now I see a single time step being animated - the trace line start from their origin plane and 'grow' until their entire flow path is shown.

I'd like them to just show the full path for that time step, then have each animation frame show different time steps.  The in-program animation does it properly, the issue is when I try to export/save to a movie file.

Thanks,

Justin S.

Message 4 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: justin_s

I would suggest that you give this Idea kudos!  This way development knows that more users want this feature.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/simulation-cfd-ideastation/real-transient-particle-behaviour/idi-p/465...

Cheers,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 5
justin_s
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanks - I did give a +1 but not 100% sure that is the same thing I'm after.  I've decided to check into some sort of screen capture software for the time being.

Justin S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report