Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Pressurization?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sbeckersmrt
481 Views, 4 Replies

Room Pressurization?

I am mainly using SIMCFD for HVAC room modeling. I have been modeling spacesso far in two ways.

The first way is how the user guide describes where the supply side of the room has a set flowrate and the return out of the room has pressure set to zero. 

The second method is very similar where set both the supply and returns as flowrates. 

I am working on modeling clean room spaces where there is a set supply flow rate but the return flow is to modulate to maintain a set pressure in the space. Would i be able to just setup the model with a set cfm on the supply side and instead of setting the return to a pressure of zero i would set it to that pressure? 

Dose this make sense? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: sbeckersmrt

Hi,

I noticed that nobody has answered here so I at least wanted to get the conversation started.

First thing to note is that we should avoid having flow rates on the inlet and outlets, this would overconstrain the model and cause divergence. If we did this we should always have just a P=0 somewhere on one of the inlets/outlets to allow the solver some room for error.

Increasing the pressure on the outlet is OK, although the pressure drop through the room will not change, so we are just offsetting values really.

Does that help you move forward at all?

Message 3 of 5
sbeckersmrt

Great that answers my question then, thanks for the input 

Message 4 of 5
Aravindkbn

Hi,

How we can identify the max. Temperature location in the clean room by using the CFD simulation software.

I am able to give the infeed flow rate and return as 0 PA pressure, but the temp. In side the room is shows as same as the temp. Of infeed flow.

Either I am missing for selection of any parameter?

Please help me out.
Message 5 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Aravindkbn

Could you start a new thread? This was marked as solved 🙂

We can help for sure!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report