Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to CFD

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
yarko_89
1209 Views, 17 Replies

Revit to CFD

Good day, I am having the same problem :

I have Revit model and i want to launch it in CFD. When I press "Launch Active Model" begins to create a new design, asking me how to name and where to save it, and after it is silent without opening a new design.
In the folder where it was saved files are created.
When you try to open:  " The selected Design is already open".
If you restart the program then displays this error:1.jpg

and then:2.jpg

Please tell me what to do!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pmenzies10
in reply to: yarko_89

To help fully, I could really use some added details - what version of Revit, what version of CFD, and what operating system and langage you are using.  A description of your model may be helpful as well.

In the meantime, could you determine if this is happening to all models or just this specific one?  The easiest way is to create a new (very simple) model in Revit and "Launch Active Model."  If you get the same response from CFD, then you will have a test model to attach for troubleshooting.

Message 3 of 18
yarko_89
in reply to: pmenzies10

In the beginning I want to apologize for my English, I'm from Ukraine and don't speak English.

I used two versions of the Revit : 2014(ru), 2015(ru), and CFD 2015.

Operating system Win 8 x64, language- Russian.

Yes this happens with all models, and I even created only one small wall, but again, nothing happened.

The model currently attach can't, because she's at work, but at the first opportunity will attach it.

Message 4 of 18
pmenzies10

No problem.  Your English is better than my Ukranian Smiley Embarassed

We (CFD product) do not support the Russian language yet which may be causing our launch failure between the Russian installation of Revit with the English installation of CFD.

Is it possible to change the language of one of your Revit installations to English?  This may enable you to keep working until I can find more answers.

If it is not easy to do, please wait until I can identify the exact issue.  

Message 5 of 18
yarko_89

Thank you, but all this only with the help of an interpreter.Smiley Embarassed

I thought that this could be the problem .

But is it possible to install the English version I can only Monday.

Message 6 of 18
yarko_89

Installed the Revit 2014 EN, but unfortunately, the transfer of data does not occur.

In the attachment files that are created when

Message 7 of 18
pmenzies10

From the files you did attach, I can see you are using the initial release of CFD 2015.  There have been two service packs released since then.  You may want to upgrade to ensure you are using our best version.

I also see your user name has Cyrillic characters.  We do not think this is the issue.  I'm still looking into the issue.  

I was hoping you could attach the Revit test file too.

Can you please send the Simulation CFD.log file - you can find it either:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2015

or

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 360 2015

Thanks for your attachments.

Peggy

Message 8 of 18
yarko_89

Updated all the programs, now stuck again all the files.

Message 9 of 18
pmenzies10

Thank you for the attachment.  I'm unsure what is happening.

There is one additional file that may help.

Can you please attach the meshsim.log file?  

This file is located in the same path as the Simulation CFD.log file.

Thanks - I will keep trying to find a way to make this work.  I'm sorry it is taking so long.

Peggy

Message 10 of 18
pmenzies10

Hi - 

I am still working to identify the issue.  Can you please record a video of all your steps?

The best starting place is to start the recording before you open Project1.rvt in Revit.  No voice record will be needed.

If you have difficulty making a video, you can use the following link to freeware that allows you to share videos through a web link:   http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/

Thanks,

Peggy

Message 11 of 18
yarko_89

Hi. Thank you for wasting my precious time.

I can't attach the meshsim.log file, because of this there is no file in this directory.

I attached all files with .log.

Also attach a video that was recorded when create a new Revit file and transfer it into СFD

Message 12 of 18
yarko_89

Message 13 of 18
pmenzies10

I sure hope this is a translation mistake:  "Thank you for wasting my precious time."  Smiley Surprised

Without the video and the image of your desktop, I likely never would have found the issue.

admin_permissions.JPG

The little shield circled in the image above indicates that you must run the program as an admin for it to work properly.  

This applies to Revit too.

My best recommendation is to Uninstall CFD and reinstall.

When you Reinstall - ensure you right select on Setup.exe to run as Administrator.

If this still fails, please findSimCFDConfig.exe in your installation directory and right select on that .exe to run as Administrator.

Message 14 of 18
yarko_89

I am so sory. This is a translation mistake.Smiley EmbarassedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Embarassed

I want to say thank you for spending your time with me.

I'm sorry but a small shield means that the program has already run as administrator.

I'm  Uninstall CFD and reinstall as Administrator it didn't help.

And SimCFDConfig.exe  not helped. 

Message 15 of 18
pmenzies10

Did you also run Revit as administrator?  When you run Revit, you will need to use the right click option to Run as administrator.

Win 8 systems are very different than Win 7 in how UAC is managed.

In your video, I see you also have Inventor installed and it does not have the shield.  

For troubleshooting - Can you try opening the part I attached in Inventor 2015?

Use the Simulation Tab in Inventor to launch the Active Model.

Please let me know if the model appears in CFD from an Inventor launch.

Thanks,

Peggy

Message 16 of 18
yarko_89

Yes, I load all the programs on behalf of the administrator, and the Inventor just doesn't want to translate if you are not the administrator.

And on behalf of the administrator is the same as with Revit. It doesn't work.

Message 17 of 18
yarko_89

Cheers, got it!

Had to create a new user with the name in Latin. And everything worked.

Only when transfer data is not transferred materials. Or the names of the materials must match the names in CFD?

Message 18 of 18
pmenzies10

I'm so glad this is finally working for you.  I have also raised the issue to the development team to see if we can improve the situation in the future.

In your last post, you seem to be raising a separate issue.  Can I ask you to create a new post for your material question?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report