Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

results high temperature bar too high

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
366 Views, 2 Replies

results high temperature bar too high

hello, i've been trying to simulate conjugate heat transfer of an aluminium part with heat generation surrounded by an oil flow at given inlet temperature. the properties of oil were created and set to very with temperature. the flow is laminar and so this solver was set, together with Advection 2.

i have been noticing that throughout the simulation (and on finishing) the high temperature value in the results bar would be very large, way higher than the actual component temperature. the average part temperature seems to make sense and cannot find locations within the model that reach the temperatures shown at the upper end of the temperature scale. just wondering if this is a general problem or if it is a problem with my model. I am using CFD2014 and have installed SP2. help is appreciated. cheers, rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hello CFD Support team,

just wondering if anyone can help with this one. is it a question of unchecking  the intelligent solution control and tightenning the pressure, velocity and temperature settings? i would appreciate your input. cheers, rob

Message 3 of 3
srhusain
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi:

It is difficult to see if there are any problems with the setup. Can you post the supprt file? (Rename the "cfz" extension to "zip" before posting)

However, since you have a fluid with thermal conductivity significantly different from the solid, you should refine the mesh where they touch to account for sharp temperature variation in the vicinity.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report