Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from Remote Solver Not Viewable

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tdock
243 Views, 0 Replies

Results from Remote Solver Not Viewable

Hi there!

I recently ran a simulation via a remote solver within my company's network. I decided that I wanted to stop the simulation before the analysis was complete. It was a free surface transient analysis with 0.2 timestep size and I was saving every 5 steps, or every 1 second (assuming that's how it indeed works). Anyways after I stopped the analysis prematurely I check to ensure that the remote solver was indeed done with the file via the Job Monitor window and it confirmed that the analysis was "completed" successfully. However when I went to open the Job that I had just finished solving remotely none of my iterations were saved. Have I done something wrong or do I need to let the Simulation solve completely uninterrupted? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

On a different subject I have also been running into the problem that there is not enough memory on the solver computer's C: drive to save all the steps thus causing the "Solver to quit unexpectidely" The computer has an E: drive that has 2 TB worth of free space. Is there a way that I could have the program save the steps in a folder on that drive rather than the C:?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report