Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference for properties in Material Library?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
anbazhag
599 Views, 4 Replies

Reference for properties in Material Library?

Hello,

I recently used the 'blood' material from the Autodesk Sim CFD material library for my simulations. The blood density, however, has been assigned a value of 1003 kg/m3. This is below the normally accepted range of blood density values, which falls between 1025-1060 kg/m3.

I was hoping if someone from Autodesk could give me the reference for the material properties they used in the library.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ajay.s
in reply to: anbazhag

Dear Anbazhag,

Until you obtain refrence from Autodesk Team, I believe you are aware of Customizing material Library. 

If you have your own reference and data's, you can edit the Blood Material property and save it in "Local/My material" (As 'Default' is with Read-only access). 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-8E612283-03D9-4C8C-B548-64012BD12787

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-0B07DAEF-5092-401D-8562-32F4B9D0092F

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Ajay.S

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
anbazhag
in reply to: ajay.s

Dear Ajay,

Thanks for your response. I have not heard from the Autodesk team yet.

I can customize the properties in the library, but I have completed a set of simulations, and I am looking for the references for the properties in order to publish the paper.

Message 4 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: anbazhag

There isn't a single source for all the materials and unfortunately, the source that we ended up using for the blood material has been lost with time.  If you believe there is a better material definition that we should be using(as default) then please submit that to the team for us to review.   Otherwise, it is up to the user to add new materials to the local user database if the default is not appropriate. 

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 5
ajay.s
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Dear Anbazhag,

You are Welcome 🙂

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report