Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover files from remote solver

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nhahn
258 Views, 1 Reply

Recover files from remote solver

I know this has been discussed in various versions, but not sure what applies here:

We had a power outage and both the computer running the interface and the remote solver lost power (UPS only last so long).  When I opened the scenario, it thought it was still running, but the solver had stopped.

How do I reconnect and get my results for this scenario?  It is one of three and represents ~8hrs of solve time.

I tried copying the job folder from the remote solver to the interface machine and running it for 0 iterations, but the results do not show up.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
OmkarJ
in reply to: nhahn

Nick,

I every time this happens, I typically first run the simulation for 0 iteration from 0 iteration, to create the mesh, copy all the files from jobXXX>solver folder to local solver folder and run it for 0 simulation from the last sXXX'th iteration. Mostly, I see the results mapped, though occaisionally I don't see the plots.  If this doesnt work, you can also create the simulation from cfz and then perform above steps.

Omkar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report