Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiant heating systems - Stadium

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thibaut.degorre
763 Views, 3 Replies

Radiant heating systems - Stadium

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to simulate radiant heating systems in a stadium.

I put the surface of my heating systeme at 550°C (55m² on the top of the scene : red in the picture). The external volume have a -2°C temperature and 10m/s speed air. There is some overture in the model.

I run with radiant and automatically convection.

The result is that i have all of the stadium's surface higher than 100°C. I don't know where is the issue, do you have any ideas?

Thank you,

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: thibaut.degorre

Hi,

Might you be able to share the CFZ file for this analysis?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 4
thibaut.degorre
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

of course,

http://a360.co/1rlbvSU

I noticed that I have a problem of speed at the end of the wind tunnel, however I did not feel it interferes in the results of the internal temperature

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: thibaut.degorre

Thanks for sharing, here are some thoughts:

1. You should only have a -2C at the inlet, having this on the sides and especially the outlet will produce strange results
  2. Your 554C temperatures are applied to internal surfaces, which is not permitted. You need to suppress the parts they are attached to, so that they are essentially on a boundary
  3. With such a low flow speed, you might need to run with natural convection. This means changing air from fixed to variable and turning 'auto forced convection' off (this cannot be used where flow and thermal are interacting)
  4. You may need more mesh, try it at is first and then try a refined model and see if the results change
  5. Are you very sure of each materials emissivity value? This will also have a significant effect on the results
  6. I would also consider running a 1/2 model, this looks pretty symmetric to me

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report