Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dropping off" a job to the cloud

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
527 Views, 4 Replies

"Dropping off" a job to the cloud

Once I have an analysis executing in the cloud, is it possible to shut off CFD 360 while the analysis is computing in the cloud, and once reconnected and the analysis is done, the cloud will send the results back to the host?

I ask this because at times I need to be mobile with the host machine (laptop) and could make better use of the host time by being able to be mobile while the analysis is out on the cloud.

Basically, I am looking to virtually "drop the analysis off" then "pick it up when it is finished" and do other tasks in between.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes,

The interface and solver are separate processes. You can close out of the interface and the job will continue to solve on the cloud. You can reopen the interface and if the job is still running it will reconnect (and reattach) to the running job.

If the job is finished, it will start the downloading process to get all the resutls from the run.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Is there a time limit on this? I tried it, came back 11 hours later, did not receive results back from the cloud.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

LIkewise...cannot download results from cloud.  

Message 5 of 5
Lance127

Same here. If i don't leave 360 open the solver stops.

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report