Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable air velocity profile through resistance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
patrick.vandeventer
370 Views, 3 Replies

Questionable air velocity profile through resistance

I am running an analysis for the airflow pressure drop through a tubular heat exchanger. I have modeled a cross section of the tubes, but due to the complexity of the fins have chosen to use a bulk resistance to mimik the pressure drop. As part of the study, I am interested in the flow paths through the heat exchanger and the localized velocities on the tubes. The entering air is incident to the face and not straight on, so the flow must turn as it passes through. My concern is that when I run the analysis the flow through the resistance is immediatly normal to the entering face, rather than turning. I made sure I selected the correct faces for the through face and normal face 1 to make sure the free area ratio was reasonable, and they were set to the same value. As a sanity check, I changed the free area to 1 for all directions and re-ran with the same results (pressure drop before and after heat exchanger was different, but flow path still normal to entering face). I would expect to get the same flow path through the heat exchanger in that case as when I have no porus media at all (only tubes), but that was not the case. Is the flow path through a resistance model always normal to the entering face?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For some reason it won't let me attach the .cfz file, something about the file contents not matching the file type.. Attaching the design study instead. 

Message 3 of 4

Hello,

The .cfdst file on its own is fairly useless, unfortunately.

What I would suggest is upload the file to (https://360.autodesk.com/) and then switch the file to public share and post the link.

Thanks!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 4

Here's the link:

http://a360.co/13XV1hS

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report