Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with a resistance material

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
567 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with a resistance material

Hi,

I am Kevin and I have two problems with a resistance material.

First, if I change the Constant Loss Coefficient (K-Factor) the Simulation doesn't run again.

I must delete the material and then assign new. Is this a general problem of Autodesk CFD 2015?

Second, if I calculate the K-Factor I use this formula from the help site: 

Then I use the K-Factor, but in the Simulation I can't get at the pressure difference.

And if I double the K-Factor then according to the theory the pressure difference must be twice the original value.

I take the static pressure.

What seems to be the trouble?

Kind regards

Kevin Ölscher

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kevin,

There should be no issues with changing the type of resistance - so long as you are always starting the analysis from zero.

Do you have sufficient mesh? We do need a good uniform mesh on a resistance with at least 4-5 elements from inlet to outlet.

Could you share a screenshot of your model so we know what we are talking about?

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

thanks for your help.

I always starting the analysis from zero. But every time the solver ends by unknown reason.

I use an uniform mesh by the resistance material. But the fluid hasn't an uniform mesh, because of my limited pc power.

In the attachments I share a screenshot.

Kinds regards,

Kevin

Message 4 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kevin,

You have a pretty short inlet which might cause issues. Typically we recommend a length of 5x the width for the inlet and 10x at the outlet.

Also, your resistances only look to have 2 elements from their inlet face to their outlet. Increase this to 4-5 and things ought to start to improve.

With Volumetric resitances like this, we should be using Advection Scheme 5 (Solve -> Solution Controls -> Advection).

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much. My simulation works better now.

Kind regards

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report