Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Resistance under CFD 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
551 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with Resistance under CFD 2014

Hello community,

I have a problem with Resistance under CFD 2014.

I have CFD Study which was created, simulated and post-processed with CFD2013.

Now i use the support File for import in CFD 2014, because i need the geometry in 2014.

But it do not work. 2014 have any problems with the Resistance. Any cases divergence...

i pick for the resistance a konstant value of 20 in the main flow. The secondary flow is locked by me with a value of 1e+6 and 1e+7 (like in the tutorial and handbook).

I think, the solver have problems with the high resistance constant value.

Do you have any ideas?

Greetings Frank

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably, your turbulence numerics is not relaxed approproately? How about decreasing the under relaxation factors? Also, you may want to make sure Automatic Intelligent Control is enabled, it takes care of timescales through out the domain. You can only judge the performance of resistance after you are sure all the other factors are taken care of.

OJ

Message 3 of 6
marco.mueller

Hi Frank,

try the flag "no_difu_tensors 1", which resets the resistance model to v2013.

Marco

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 4 of 6
ozaha
in reply to: marco.mueller

Had similar problem to Frank's. Used the flag option Marco mentioned. It worked like a charm.

Thanks

Oz

Message 5 of 6
tobias.schrammWK58Y

I built a model with a resistance layer in the air pass and encounter different volume flows in different heights --> see image description. Any idea anyone? I would expect to have similar volume flows in every layer.

top (air inlet) --> area volume flow (3687 m³/h) way off compared to higher than input (792 m³/h)top (air inlet) --> area volume flow (3687 m³/h) way off compared to higher than input (792 m³/h)speed vectors are uniformspeed vectors are uniformbottom (air outlet) --> area volume flow (812 m³/h) nearly  input (792 m³/h)bottom (air outlet) --> area volume flow (812 m³/h) nearly input (792 m³/h)near top --> area volume flow (1972 m³/h) much much higher than input (792 m³/h)near top --> area volume flow (1972 m³/h) much much higher than input (792 m³/h)

Message 6 of 6
karol.suchon

The volume flow rate computed in that way will show improper value.

During the first layer of resistance flow just change the direction so the value of the volume flow rate could be different.

That is a screenshot from a different simulation but it shows the issue.

karolsuchon_3-1665562896992.png

The measurement should be done in the 2-3 layers of the mesh in the resistance body.

Best regards,

Karol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report