Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with fans simulation

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sedmak
441 Views, 1 Reply

problem with fans simulation

Dear all, 

I have a problem with the simulation of the compressor-box (picture below) ventilation. I have tried to simulate 12 fans (1 fan under each of the crankcases) and 2 fans on the top of the box, as a constant value, the simulation had not any problem, but when I have simulated them with defined the fan curves, the simulation diverged (The analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited unexpectedly). I have to stabilize the Solver, but I do not know how. Can anyone help me?  

I have set them as a Centrifugal pump (2 fans on the top suck from the box and blow on the side (radial fan), the other works like basic axial fan)

Thank You very much for answer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: sedmak

Hi,

I can make a few basic points to check initially

1. Ensure all fans have a uniform mesh with at least 4-5 elements from inlet to outlet
  2. Try using Advection Scheme 5 rather than the default of 1
  3. Do all fans have a shroud around them so only the inlet and outlet surfaces are in contact with the air?
  4. Check that the inlet and outlet surfaces of the centrifugal fans are not in contact with one another, typically they are touchnig a shroud which helps to split the inlet surface as below

Centrifugal Fan.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report