Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with CAD geometry motion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sshoeb42
310 Views, 3 Replies

problem with CAD geometry motion

Hi Guys,

i am having a problem with simulating the compression in engine cylinder....

I am simulating  a motion of piston inside the cylinder chamber both having same diameter...

I created the CFD volume on the top of piston...

As the piston is moving up, the piston is also creating the CFD volume behind it which is not there in first place and the fluid inside the cylinder is not compressed...

Thanking you,

Shoeb.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: sshoeb42

Best bet is to move the piston out of the cylinder in CAD, then offset it back into the cylinder within CFD using the Initial Position in motion. This way you will have a complete fluid.

Bear in mind though that we cannot accurately model the thermal side of the solution within a sealed chamber, depends what you are looking to analyse.

Message 3 of 4
dennycheung

Hi sshoeb42,

Did you ever get that to work? I am having the same problem with it!

Thanks,

Denny

Message 4 of 4
dennycheung

Hi Jon,

I am having the same issue here. I am modeling a triplex pump, where a piston with reciprocating action is supposed to pressurizing/depressurizing the water in the chamber to cause two check valves to open or close. One of the check valve has a 6000psi behind it and the other one has 50psi. As the piston is in the compression cycle, it doesn't compress the fluid like it should and therefore, the high pressure check valve never open up.

Thanks!

Denny 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report