Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem occur when launching a model or opening an existing file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pierre1231
1095 Views, 2 Replies

Problem occur when launching a model or opening an existing file

I have just installed the Simulation CFD 2013, network license seems normally set up and the simulation CFD 2013 can be normally opened.

However, when i try to launch an active model form revit, launch a model from inventor fusion 2013 or open an existing simulation CFD file, a window telling "Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013 has stopped working" popped out after messages like "Model file read...........License check complete" appeared. And when it stopped working, the bottom left of the window is showing "Updating display..."

I would like to ask for some suggestions to solve it. I have disabled "Tablet PC Input Service" and seems not that problem.

Thanks for the help.

CFD_ScreenCap001.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.arnaudin
in reply to: pierre1231

Try setting the software_rendering flag to 1.

When you open Simulation CFD, click the down-facing arrow at the bottom of the "Launch" panel on the "Get Started' tab in the ribbon and select "Flags". Search for "software_rendering", check the box, change the value to 1, and hit apply. The flag should now be listed in your default flag settings. Close and restart the Simulation CFD interface then attempt to open a design study or launch geometry.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Message 3 of 3
pierre1231
in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

It works now.

Thanks for your help Ryan.

Setting the software_rendering flag to 1 resolved the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report