Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Drop shown in Summary-File

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
samuel.arismendi
427 Views, 4 Replies

Pressure Drop shown in Summary-File

So I have been experimenting with a surface material to simplify a cylindrical filter through which air flows on the radial direction. I´ve manage to divide this filter in 5 parts to check the pressure distribution at different points and have been using the "Wall Calculator" to meassure the pressure at both inner and outter sides. Just imagine a cylinder made of 5 short cylinders.

Not long ago I found a little seccion at the end of the "Summary File" where it tells me quite usefull info like the pressure-drop and volumen flow through each filtering element. However, I after a coss-examination, I found that the pressure drop on the summary file does not fit with the pressure drop I got from the wall calculator. So my question is, what process does the program do to calculate this pressure drop?

I understand that the wall calculator shows me average values but i´ve been fiddeling with meassuring "Points" all around those cylinders and I cant find a consistent methode to calculate the results shown in the summary file.

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Can you help me understand which version of Simulation CFD you are using, your advection scheme, and if you have any flags set?

Message 3 of 5

Using the wall calculator on a surface resistance isn't really the intended use. I would suggest using XY Plots through the resistance so you get a better idea what the pressure drop curve looks like and see if that makes more sense to what you see in the summary file.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 5

pmenzies10  I´m using the 2014 version. Since I´m working with air at quite high velocities I´m using ADV5. Finally I´m not sure to understand what you mean by "flags".

Royce_adsk  Wow, just found that option on the help site! Very powerful tool! I will definitly use it to show my results. I still don´t understand what does the program do to calculate this values shown in the summary but I guess I´ll just ignore them. 

Thank you both!!

Message 5 of 5

Flags are configuration options that are a useful way to modify many different aspects of Autodesk Simulation CFD.

You should be able to search Help for Flag Manager to find out specific information.  The flags listed can be very helpful for very specific types of analyses.  

But they should be used with care, they are not necessarily advisable for many analysis types.  Our Support Team can probably advise you best if flags are needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report