Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Drop Calculation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bjorn_fejer
3219 Views, 6 Replies

Pressure Drop Calculation

I would like to ask for help for simulating the pressure drop for our product ball joint. The inlet pressure will be 10 bar, the incompressible fluid will be water. I would like to know what will be the output pressure or the pressure drop and how to set it up properly. Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: bjorn_fejer

Hi,

You have a few options:

1. Apply a flow rate at the outlet and a 10 bar at the inlet, CFD will give you the outlet pressure
  2. Apply a flow rate at the inlet and a p=0 at the oulet, CFD will give you the dP again - this is the standard approach
  3. Apply 10 bar at the inlet and 0 at the outlet and CFD will predict the flow rate - this will take longer than the other options and you will need to run Advection Scheme 5 (this might actually be useful for all options, check out Advection in the help)
Message 3 of 7
bjorn_fejer
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Dear Sir Jon,

I really appreciate your help, but I have another question why the area of inlet and outlet is changing?

I've used the option 1. Pls. find the attached file.

Thank you very much in advance.

Bjorn Fejer

Message 4 of 7
Jon.Wilde

Hi Bjorn,

For the opposite end, did you rotate the cut-plane so that it was in-line with the axis? 

Message 5 of 7
bjorn_fejer
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Sir John,

Yes it was normal to it. But why is area changing? What is the cause of that? Thank you very much.

I will attached the fusion file, and it will be highly appreciated if you will have a try simulating.

Parameters is as follow:

Inlet Pressure: 10 Bar

Outlet velocity: 6 m/s

Thank you very much in advance.

Bjorn Fejer

Message 6 of 7
Royce_adsk

Hi Bjorn,

The area could be a function of your mesh quality.  If you add more mesh to your analysis does that improve the correlation of your area between the 2 models?

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 7 of 7
bjorn_fejer
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi Royce,

Thank you very much for the solution.

Bjorn Fejer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report