Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to start a batch queue at a specific time?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dkusmer
415 Views, 10 Replies

Possible to start a batch queue at a specific time?

I tried using the Solver Manager to up 2 simulations to start at 11:00PM (Start Time). However, when I submit these simulations the first one in the Submit Order starts executing immediately. Is there a way I can get this to start at 11:00PM?

Thanks, Dan

Dan Kusmer - user
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: dkusmer

Yes you should be able to schedule a time in the future for the Job to start.

Can you let me know the version you ar using and build (Help - About  / Start&Learn - About)  ?

Thanks

Apolo

Message 3 of 11
dkusmer
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Apolo,

We're using Simulation CFD 2013, build 20120223.

Thanks, Dan

Dan Kusmer - user
Message 4 of 11
dkusmer

Apolo,

The attached jpg shows the Soler Manager windows for the steps I go thru to set up the batch runs.

Regards, Dan

Dan Kusmer - user
Message 5 of 11
apolo_vanderberg

Dan,

Would it be possible for you to try updating to the Service Pack for 2013 (released later last year with a Build date of 20130824)?

There were a number of improvements made with the 2nd release of 2013.

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
dkusmer

Apolo,

According to the release notes on the CFD services and support, only SP1 is available:

Simulation CFD 2013 SP1 - Release Notes

(See release notes for step by step instructions) • Download the service pack from subscription center.  The service pack is the current default download and the initial release can be found in the 'Extras' section.

When we went to the 'Extras' section all we found is the CFD 2013 Win 64bit download (see attached png file) which we downloaded and installed. When I opened the reinstalled Simulation CFD the about product information said the build was still 210120824. The version said V13.1.

Regards, Dan
Dan Kusmer - user
Message 7 of 11
dkusmer

...I meant the build was 20120824.

Dan

Dan Kusmer - user
Message 8 of 11
apolo_vanderberg

Dan,

So you are now updated to the 0824 build and the Solver Manager is not allowing you to schedule for a future time?

Testing on my end with the 0824 build I can set an eample model to start 5min in the future and it will stay queued until the time specified

Message 9 of 11
dkusmer

Apolo,

In your June 4th reply you asked us to update to 20130824, if you meant 20120824 then yes we are now updated to the 0824 build. We still have the same problem, when I set the Solver manager to run at 11PM at night it starts executing immediately upon clicking the submit button.

Regards, Dan

Dan Kusmer - user
Message 10 of 11
apolo_vanderberg

Dan,

Offhand I'm not quite sure as to the culprit as testing on my side does allow me to put it in queue where it will wait until the specified start time.

Could you try with one of our example models or a smaller test model that you have and specify something that is a small increment in the future? say 10min?

I'll try scheduling one on my end for tonight at 11pm to see if there is something specific about the time or time difference being used.

Message 11 of 11
dkusmer

Apolo,

I tried the queuing the axisymmetrical bullet tutorial and it worked so I went back to my original project to queue it and it worked. I'm not sure what changed since yesterday but the Solve Manager batch queue seems to be working OK. Thanks for your help.

Regards, Dan

Dan Kusmer - user

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report