Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Heat-Distribution in Inventor 2013

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
maxluedemann
1581 Views, 9 Replies

Possible Heat-Distribution in Inventor 2013

Hello

I am constructing a head of a flashlight and would like to know whether it is possible to use Inventor 2013 to simulate the head distribution in the aluminium Body for a punctual headsource (LED).

I am very new to this program and this forum, so iam not sure if i am in the right forum.

Thank you for your help!

Regards Max

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
M.Peppel
in reply to: maxluedemann

Hi Max,

you may want to follow this link i guess it will shed some light on your problem.

regards

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 3 of 10
maxluedemann

ah thx.

I am trying to follow the guide (i will reinstall in english later -.-) but i do have a problem with the choice of the material, do i have to install an additional app tu use it?

I installed Sim CFD EnergyBalance, but stil have not been able to find the right materials 😞

Message 4 of 10
maxluedemann

Ok, I now found the LED-Finish in the Autocad Database, but this just seems to be some kind of "finish" not an actual "material" which I can use for the simulation?

Does anybody has an idea what might be the problem?

Regards

Max

Message 5 of 10
John_Holtz

Can you clarify what software is being discussed?

• Max mentioned Inventor, but I did not think that Inventor had the capability to simulate heat transfer (that is, heat distribution).
  • Matthias referenced a page from the Simulation CFD documentation, but Simulation CFD is separate software from Inventor.

It is close to my bedtime, so maybe I am just not reading, thinking, or understanding the discussion properly.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 6 of 10
maxluedemann
in reply to: John_Holtz

that in fact might be the problem.

I am ONLY using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2013.

I thought that maybe Autodesk Inventor Pro is capable of doing something like that.

Is Simulation CFD a software i can use as a student for free?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Regards

Max

Message 7 of 10
M.Peppel

Hello Max,

the following programs will be able to help you solving your problems:

Autodesk Simulation Mechanical

Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics

Autodesk Simulation CFD

and furthermore a brand new cloud based solution should also be able to calculate (havent tried it yet but from what I can see on the download page it should be able)

Autodesk Project Simulus

The first three products should all be available as student version from www.students.autodesk.com the fourth is available for everyone (free) via www.labs.autodesk.com

HTH

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 8 of 10
maxluedemann
in reply to: M.Peppel

Well, that would make sense why i havent found the things mentiond in the guide.

I looked at your link and wanted to download Multiphysics 2013 in a 64Bit Version, but did'nt find anything. Is there not 64Bit Version out yet?

There seems to be a bug or error, the german 64Bit 2012 Version only give me a "file does not exist" Error when i am downloading.

Thank you very much for your help and patience!

Yours sincerely

Max Lüdemann

Message 9 of 10
M.Peppel

By the way,

es gibt eine hervorragende deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft von Nutzern der Autodeskprodukte. Unter www.cad.de bekommst du für alle vorgenannten Produkte hervorragende Unterstützung (ohne potentielle Sprachbarrieren, wenns ins Detail geht ).

Eventuell läßt du dich ja dort auch mal sehen.

Beste Grüße

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 10 of 10
maxluedemann
in reply to: M.Peppel

Vielen Dank.

Ich habe mich da mal angemeldet, den ich denke ich werde noch einige Fragen haben 🙂

Ich bin dort unter dem Namen MaxL. angemeldet.

Vielen Dank für den Hinweis.

Gruß

Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report