Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforated sheet with hexagonal holes!?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
OmkarJ
678 Views, 2 Replies

Perforated sheet with hexagonal holes!?

Hi

I want some good literature on performance of perforated sheet with hexagonal holes. While Idelchik's "Handbook of Hydraulic Resistance" has abundant information about circular hole patterns, it has no mention of hexagonal holes.

Entire day of searching and I could stumble upon just two references. One is a published paper claiming hexagonal holes produce smaller pressure drop than circular ones, and other is a patent (yea, I have to search patents now, in the absence of literature Smiley Frustrated) which claims the velocity distribution for hex holes is smooth etc.

I want some good literature that gives resistance coefficients for different percentages of open areas and thickness to hole diameter ratio etc, or at least something. I can always do a unitary cell symmetric arrangement of hexagonal hole to understand the characteristics, but it is time consuming and it is not possible to cover all types of perf sheets in limited time.

Thanks
OJ

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abhijit.kulkarni
in reply to: OmkarJ

Message 3 of 3
OmkarJ
in reply to: abhijit.kulkarni

The supplier's knowledge is limited to circular holes, which are abundantly covered in Idelchik and other published literature. Hexagonal holes is relatively new concept and hasn't been study (it seems) enough. 

OJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report