Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Results

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
409 Views, 1 Reply

Part Results

My question is regarding the PART results.

I have a steady state analysis that consists of a large box. This large box contains fluid and a very hot solid piece of equipment. The box has flow into it (volume flow rate) and out of it (pressure = 0). The box also has external film coefficients for ambient cooling.

When I select the PART icon on the results bar, and select the fluid domain inside my box, the output gives me Volume, Avg Temp, Max Temp, Min Temp.

My question is, what is the "Avg Temperature" really telling me. Is it giving me a weighted average of only the fluid domain? I only ask because my result is higher than I think it should be and I've double checked all my inputs. I have been calling this "Avg Temperature" value the "Bulk Average Fluid Temperature." Is this correct?

Thanks for any clarification on this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

This is an excellent question and it is implemented differently than what you think.  The calculation that you are seeing is purely a nodal average of the volume with no weighting done for element size.  Therefore, if you have a large range of elements size in your fluid domain it could be very skewed.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report