Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ParaView/VisIt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
studio-a-int
894 Views, 3 Replies

ParaView/VisIt

Hello - is there a way to export the results from Simulation CFD to visualize/analyze them using ParaView or VisIt?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I haven't tried myself, but you may have luck with Tecplot of FieldView formats, which are available from the Simulation CFD Export menu. I believe ParaView can consume these formats.

Let us know how it goes!

Message 3 of 4

Also, curious why you want to view them in another app? Is there something in particular those do well for your application? 

Message 4 of 4

Hi Ryan -

thanks for reply and apologize I did not post sooner my comments, as I had a very busy period:

1. I'm familiar with ParaView as I'm using in in combination with NG Solve, SALOME, OpenFOAM & ELMER. At this moment I'm doing a

benchmark to see what are the pluses/minuses of using Revit+Simulation CFD for architectural projects.

The only format that I managed to open in ParaView was Techplot, but I cannot visualize the streams for airflow and there are other odd things I'm investigating

right now.

2. To answer your other queston, why I like to use ParaView, the answer is: from what I have seen so far in Sim CFD + Sim CFD Viewer, I have limited options to create

animations, extract data, etc. - tools that are already available in ParaView. I hope Sim CFD + Sim CFD Viewer will evolve more and offer more tools.

On the other hand ParaView is Open Source and the speed is developing is quite impressive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report