Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal velocity boundary layer on non-planar surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mahmadi
529 Views, 2 Replies

Normal velocity boundary layer on non-planar surface

Hi there,

Is there any possibility to have a normal (or tangential or any arbitrary degree) velocity boundari layer on a circular disk. What I am trying to do is to model the outlet of a centrifugal fan by defining a rotational boundary condition along the outer layer of the disk (defining the disk as rotating object). Is it even possible?

Thanks,

Mo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: mahmadi

Hi Mo,

No, this would not really work. Why not just use a centrifugal fan material that would draw air in through an inlet face (which must not share an edge with the outlet as you have here) and then that air would leave through the circumfrential outlet face.

Check out the help guide: Centrifugal Fan

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
mahmadi
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thanks Jon, I didn't know there was a blower module!

Can you have a look at the image attached here and see if my conditions seem alright. I have assigned the fan curve to the fan material, when I run the simulation I tend to get quite ascilatory residuals that takes very long to damp; do you have recommendadtion on how to make the model more stable (tubulance models or schemes).

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report