Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No meaningful results

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
inventor111
234 Views, 1 Reply

No meaningful results

Hello

I have solved the problem with the film coeficiant, but in my Simulation of an extruder of an 3D printer were no reasonable results. So I would be very happy if you could look over my Simulation.

Thank you for the suport

inventor111

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You setup does not make much sense.

is there flow supposed to be going through portions of this?

Given the temperature boundary condition and the heat generation you wil get a thermal distribution through the model however I'm not sure how meaningful it will be considering there isn't any flow through the domain.

Given what you're asking I would imagine that the steel part has some form of plastic that is being extruded out and heated? If so you might want to assign a flowrate and plastic temperature on one end and pressure on the other to get plastic flowing through the extruder.

Then for the external air domin we might have to look at how the natural convection occurs here which would mean a change in the setup of those conditions as well.

More details as to what you are trying to represent as at this point the results you are probably getting are probably what I would expect based on the current setup

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report