Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling of wind through shading nets, Help needed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
altoroos
368 Views, 1 Reply

Modelling of wind through shading nets, Help needed

Greetings,

I am busy with a project where I need to model the pressures on different shading (Permeability) of nets when wind blows around and through it.  How can I change the permeability of a normal very thin flat surface so that it represents a net in CFD?  Or is there another way I can do this?

I don't know of a "net" that I can import straight into my Inventor model without having to try and build a replica of a net myself.  If I try to build one myself (by making almost 5mil small holes in a surface) the program crashes (Even though I don't expect it to be able to handle that amount of small little sketches anyway).  Yes, I know that even if I manage to build one myself that it will only be a makeshift plan and not the best one to get accurate results in CFD, that is if I manage to get the model in CFD since I noticed that if the model is too complex that Inventor just refuses to send the model into CFD to start with the simulation process. Please bare with me since I am a newbie with both Inventor and CFD although I know the basics.

Can someone please help me on a solution that will get the most accurate results?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: altoroos

Your best bet would be to use a Resistance material in CFD, here you could assign a permiability to a volume or a surface with the parameters you require. No complex modelling required this way!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report