Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing Errors-Error Code 60

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
621 Views, 2 Replies

Meshing Errors-Error Code 60

Hello Guys

When I reached the solving stage, CFD keeps showing meshing errors such as error 60 and volume mesh error. I tried to solve the meshing problem by modifying the 3D model, changing the meshing setting and even shutting down and restarting the computer. However, I kept getting the same mesh error.
After a while, I tried solving the simulation using the same model that I had used previously, it suddenly starts running iteration smoothly without error. This similar case has happened few times before with other models that I was solving. It keeps showing mesh error but everything gets back to normal again after some time. Why is this happening?

Is there any video showing how to set the mesh properly or some case without changing the 3D model so that we can avoid the error?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: Anonymous

We have a knowledge base article on Code 60 mesh failures.

Typically a Code 60 error is a result of the Mesh Enhancement having difficulty being built, this could be due to have a coarse mesh in a small gap such that the thickness of the enhancement would yield overlapping elements, or this could be due to poor meshing on smaller (sliver) surfaces that do not allow a proper wedge to be built across the face.

I have not seen models taht eperience Code 60 magically fix them selves without changing the meshing to some extent.

If you get this often, I would suggest going through your model to see where some of the smaller gaps reside and also check the Surface Diagnostics to get an understanding of where and what kind of small surfacing you have so that you can ensure both of these segments are well meshed

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok got it..thank you very much for your help, appreciated..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report