Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
saeed.e
370 Views, 6 Replies

memory problem

Doing a simulation with 750 iterations, the program stops with the message The analysis has stopped because the solver has exited unexpectedly. This comes around when iteration number is somewhere around 350-450. Several suggestions are given here: 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2015/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Message-Anal... 

one is to add a line is the cfdesign_flags.txt. Is this file in the program installation folder?  

Regards, Saeed 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: saeed.e

In 2015 the flags are controlled from the interface (Design Study Tools -> Flags) - I'll update that article.

I doubt this is the problem though. Are you running on a local drive and how does the model look when this occurs? Do the results appear sensible?

Message 3 of 7
saeed.e
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

I run on the local hard drive. I can say exactly how it looks like. I happens when I activate auto force convection. 

Message 4 of 7
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

We likely need to see your support (CFZ) file to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 5 of 7
saeed.e

Hi,

Sure, I have attached the CFZ file.

Regards, Saeed

Message 6 of 7
Jon.Wilde

Thanks.

Your model looks overconstrained and I have a few comments/questions:

1. Your inlet conditions are OK but everything else on the air domain can be deleted. You just need a P=0 at the outlet
  2. We cannot use internal Boundary Conditions on the parts so these temperature surfaces either need to be external or on suppressed volumes. Why not apply a volumetric heat load to the volumes instead? This is acceptable in CFD
  3. Is the bottom surface really at 5C or is the air outside it at 5C? Perhaps a film coefficient might be more suitable with a 5C reference temperature?
  4. Why are you running with humidity Boundary Conditions? What is the goal of this analysis?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 7 of 7
saeed.e

Thanks Jon for your comments and recommendations. I will change the model setting and try again.

The goal of analysis is to obtain information about temperature, wind speed and solar radiation on the external walls or in very close distance to them. The buildings are located in a cold climate. I attached a schematic section  showing the existing environmental factors on the site, the red hatch is where I am interested to obtain  information about. My idea has been to  include  significant environmental factors into simulation . For example, snow have effect on diffused solar radiation and soil temperature is under zero degree Celsius because of the long low temperature period.

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report