Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED panel for signage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
348 Views, 3 Replies

LED panel for signage

Hi All,

I've got to simulate the heatflow in a signage cabinet build from 108 LED panels P6 with 16 x 32 LED's (512 LED's / panel) totals upto 55296 RGB LED's (3 x 20 mA) I've made it a bit easier by creating 108 PCB's with 108 LED's about the same size as the PCB's. The specifications are 3A @ 5V

What would be the best way to assign the Boundaries and Heat generation? I've set Theta JB to 10 and JC to 1000.

Hope to get some tips and tricks from the experts amoung y´all.

Regards

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you simply apply a volumetric heat load to a large block which represents the LED's and PCB? It depends on the goal of your analysis though, what are you looking to establish? Do you need individual LED temps?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

I did make 108 PCB's with 108 LED's representing the 55K+ LED's. But when I simulate the lot I get strange results. According to the manufacturer one panel consumes 2,5A @ 5V this would be 12,5W applying 75% heat ( 9W approx ). But when I read full specs of the complete Display they talk about 1500 Watt total power consumption which would be 10,5 W (75% from 14W) but using 9W or 14W heat load still give strange results.

The surrounding area is large enough. Film coeff. is set to 4 with a air temp of 11 degrees Centigrade, Pressure Gage is set to 0

My goal is to design a case with airvents and fans to obtain a good and friendly environment for the LED's with a temperature that is equally divided in the case.

Regards

Gert

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Gert,

Are you modelling the external air?

I assume not and if so, your setup sounds really sensible.

Do ou have internal surface boundary conditions? Might you share a CFZ file for us to investigate?

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report