Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iteration / result-set selection via Python API

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
456 Views, 4 Replies

Iteration / result-set selection via Python API

I have set up the solver to record results every 100 iterations. Works fine, all OK.
How - via the python API - can I loop through each of the recorded result-sets of the scenario ?

At the moment I have to select each result-set manually through the UI, and then run my python script to extract the data I want.
(All the examples you provide just seem to operate upon the 'active' results).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ajay.kanade
in reply to: Anonymous

IDBateman,

Unfortunately activating a result for an iteration is not available in Python. Let me see if it is available in Qt. If so I'll attach a sample script showing execution of a Qt script from Python. A long shot for sure.

Ajay

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ajay.kanade

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately much the response I had expected.

It is a very regrettable omission from the python API, as the ability to 'loop' through data is a fundamental programming paradigm.

The inclusion of an API is a very valuable feature, in many situations it can enable the user to develop highly efficient workflows, providing the user with a competitive edge and thereby a significant factor in their choice of software package. The ability to programatically select an object is bare-bones functionality,  and really does need to be included.

Ian

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

agree, this is crucial!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Eventually I gave up with the python interface, its just too limited by issues such as this. I was shocked that such basic functionality was not available; Autodesk continues to pay lip-service to the idea of providing programmatic interfaces, but falls short of offering anything really useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report