Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with SpaceClaim launcher in Sim CFD 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nshankar118
694 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with SpaceClaim launcher in Sim CFD 2015

Hi, 

I recently downloaded the 2015 version of Simulation CFD and was happy to see that this also installed an add-in with SpaceClaim that launches the active model in Sim CFD 15. However, my happiness was short-lived since this link between SpaceClaim and Sim CFD doesn't really work well for me.

Launching the model from SpaceClaim gives me topology errors and some parts of the assembly are not being imported. I face the same problem when I don't use the add-in but directly import a .step (or .iges, or any of the other neutral formats) file generated by SpaceClaim. 

The only way I can get my model imprted into Sim CFD from SpaceClaim is to convert every part in my SpaceClaim assembly into a .step (or .iges) file, open and save each part as a .prt file in Pro/E, assemble the parts in Pro/E, and export the .asm file (through the Pro/E add-in).

There are a lot of redundant steps that would be eliminated if this link between SpaceClaim and Sim CFD worked as it is inteded to. 

I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and if someone has figured out a better workflow to import models from SpaceClaim to Sim CFD 2015.

Thanks,

Nikhil 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: nshankar118

Hi Nikhil,

Are you able to launch one of our tutorial models or just a simple cube?

My initial thoughts are that there is something in your geometry preventing a simple launch into CFD.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

I believe this is due to geometry tolerance.

Have you tried changing the asmcointol flag?
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/simulation-cfd/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Best regards,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 4
nshankar118
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanks for the replies. 

Varying the value of the asmcointol flag did work. 

Props to the support team!

-Nikhil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report